19 May 2007

100th BLOG !!!

Amazing. This is my 100th blog. I've reached this in less than 2 months of blogging. Hopefully my individual articles have not been boring to my readers.

As an aside, readers may wonder why I've used the name Jumbie. To explain: since my teens I have insomnia. I sleep 2-3 hours per day, and most of my friends see me online constantly. To them, no matter what time they log on, I am there online. Their first reaction is "Boy, you like ah jumbie; wappen, you doh sleep or what?". I guess the name stuck. So Machel really more than 2 decades late. :-)

I've been surprised myself at the amount of readers to my little thoughts. So far, in less than 2 months, I've garnered approximately 600+ readers, in faraway places such as Sweden, India, Romania, Mexico etc. Unfortunately, my statistics do not tell me if they are Trinidadians. :-(

I've had limited feedback in terms of comments, but as one regular reader Cranky Putz says, the comment verification is a turn off so I've removed it. Hopefully now more readers will take the time to offer feedback. I'm constantly fine tuning my blog, hopefully each time making it more user friendly (for readers, not myself). I've bought my domain name (www.jumbie.co.uk) since early 2003, but never got round to designing my website. I hope to do that soon, though whether my blog will move remains to be seen since I have not decided yet.

In future I may post some more technology minded blogs, for people who may want to learn of stuff that makes life on a PC easier. Since not all readers share the same passion as myself, I've limited these posts so far.

In the meantime, I will continue blogging, and hopefully, you will continue reading.