16 Sept 2007

Update - the offer

Further update.

It seems my internet problems stem from an upgrade Tiscali is setting up for me.

It made sense to have Internet (8 Mbps), free international calls (to 10 countries), free UK calls (all landlines) and television (over 70 channels) for £24.99 per month. That cost even includes my line rental (separate, it would cost me £10 per month with BT).

Unfortunately, I've been told my service would be interrupted for some days while my line capability is upgraded for the additional bandwidth I will need for my streaming TV (with recordable box).

So while I am not a happy bunny by any means (I am having internet withdrawal symptoms as I type), I have to bear it, at least for a few days more.

So... anyone knows how long before TSTT has a comparative offer? Do they even have the technology to make such an offer?