6 Nov 2007

Elections results

Final results as sent to me by Dirk Dagger of Outa Meh Head blog, is:

PNM: 26
UNC: 15
COP: 0

Disappointing? You can say so. The 'creeping dicatorship' will now become a galloping executive presidency. I need not say that sooner rather than later, the constitutional reform will include implementation of that 'draft constitution' and all its inclusive pitfalls.

I foresee a situation somewhat like Pakistan, where Musharraf imposed a state of emergency amid rising militant violence and ahead of a Supreme Court decision on whether his re-election last month while remaining army chief was valid. Police have broken up street protests and hundreds of lawyers and opposition activists have been arrested. Power by all means, ent?

Sooner or later, Pa-trick may find a way to include Brian 'Basketball League' Manning into the family business, just like including Hazel 'Breakfastses' Manning as Minister of Education. By the way, rumour has it that was her reward for him fathering that outside child with the woman from the USA. Anyone remember that?

Another point. While viewing the Express interactive map on the voting, I can only conclude that once again, the people of Trinidad have put aside sense and sensibilities and voted along party lines. This alone will explain the results I am seeing.

By the way, despite reports of 'massive' and 'huge' voter turnouts, the numbers on that interactive map indicate otherwise; a low voter turnout. Compared with a registered voting list of nearly 1 million, the numbers I am seeing are abysmal at best.

Well, in the next year or so we will see whether my vision for the future is accurate or not. I'd better mark my Google Calender as a reminder now.