9 Apr 2008

Speculation

The title of this post is not random. I often have various random thoughts, some of them involving various female Bollywood stars in stages of undress.

Seriously though, I have these thoughts that occur to me, and I wonder if I am alone in thinking these thoughts.

For example, why are we debating a non-issue in court? I hold, and have always held, that in certain circumstances the covering of the face should not be allowed; for example (and not exclusive of) the taking of photos for identity purposes, or upon entry in an examination room... or in a court.

Why do people quote the Bible to make a point? I feel offended, because as a Hindu, the Bible to me is of little reverence. For those who feel offended by that remark, I am not about to debate the merits or demerits of religion on this post.

As for swearing on the Bhagavad Gita in a court or other official function, I opt out. Why? Hindu scholars may argue with me on this one, but the religious books are the Ramayana, or the Mahabharata. The Bhagavad Gita is not religious in itself, it is the lecture given by Lord Krishna to Arjuna at the start of the war between the families. The lecture is a discourse on how to follow one's duties in life; so for me it is silly to swear an oath to God on a book that essentially isn't about God.

I feel offended and excluded when Pa-trick runs Trinidad and Tobago under Christian principles because Lord alone knows, the Christian church has done more damage to mankind than any other organisation in the history of the world, but more than that, I feel that someone else's personal life principles (not even legal principles at that) are being IMPOSED upon me. I have my own standards and principles thank you very much.