16 Mar 2009

A little about nothing really

Another nice sunny day. I’ve just been out and about to carry out some minor shopping and to get my review at the GP. All’s well by the way.

It is amazing how acclimatised I have become here. It’s 13°C today, and sunny, and when I went out, I was hot. No joke. Of course, I was wearing a jacket, but I honestly wished I hadn’t. Can you imagine then, how I feel in temperatures of 30+°C when I visit Trinidad? I feel as if I am being cooked in my own skin.

The nights in Trinidad at 22° or so, which is when Trinidadians are cold and pulling for an extra sheet, is when I am tossing and turning and throwing covers off and looking for a fan (and getting mosquito bite and dengue!). On the other hand, when my sis came here in summer 2007, she was so cold that she was covered head to toe, while I was outside in my shorts, T-shirt and flip-flops! Seems that 18° was a bit too cold. (^_^)

I see the Summit is going on full speed ahead in Trinidad. The good thing about that is now the security forces may have to wipe their arses and do some actual work. At least for 5 or 6 days. Still, that’s better than none at all, I suppose.

In other news, I finally got some time which I hope to review the ‘new’ TnT draft constitution. Not that I am legal expert or anything of the sort, but I have the original and the new open side by side and I will be comparing them. We all heard from many experts just how foolish the new one is but I am hoping here to find specifics.

By the way, all the laws of Trinidad and Tobago are available for free online, but if you want them on a CD ROM, you have to pay $5000. That’s the rate at which the Ministry of Legal Affairs had advertised them in the newspapers.

Today I thought I’d try a new recipe but I am not sure… maybe some mutton/lamb in garlic sauce with black peppers, paprika, oregano and tomato? Mix that with some salad, and perhaps some diced and lightly sautéed veggies and it’s a quick meal that might not be too bad. Think I will go for that. I’ll let you know how that turns out.