30 Jul 2009

A Jumbie devil

I doh know if as I get older, I seeing things… conspiracy theories everywhere, or I picking bones with little things, like cover ups – the Grumpy Old Man syndrome…

But from the time I read this:

Although initial reports suggested that Warner was beaten by staff…

Ahright, here it comes – I done see is a fecking cover up coming. By the way the sentence refers to the beating of Allan Warner and is carried in this Newsday article. Anyway, sure enuff, de rest ah de sentence bear out my thoughts…

…Newsday was told that his injuries could have been sustained during a brawl involving patients on Ward 8, which housed patients with acute mental conditions.

Eh heh? Hold on… lemme see…

The cover up started… first it was 3 nurses suspended for violence towards the patient… who by the way, sustained a fractured skull and broken ribs… then, we hear it’s a brawl, (a brawl or systematic beating?).

Still, if it was a brawl, did we have “two doctors, two nurses and three nursing assistants” being involved? Because those were suspended according to the Newsday. Doctors and nurses brawling with patients now?

See what I mean about cover up? On the one hand, we have a story resonating with ‘justification’ for ah beating, but on the other, the actions of the authorities ent gelling, you know?

So…. am I seeing another conspiracy theory, or some real Hart-like manoeuvres?