25 Jan 2010

Wind of change

Two newspapers this morning report that Kamla Persad-Bissessar has soundly whipped Basdeo Panday for the post of Leader of the UNC.

Before the elections, Bas said that if the people will, he would now 'ride into the sunset’.

Well, the people have spoken, loudly. Will he ride off into the sunset as promised?

It is obvious he will not.

During an interview on CNC3 last night, Panday said he would not concede defeat...

’I don’t think its over yet. I think a lot of our people are going to ask for a recount having regard to a lot of the irregularities that took place. There were a lot of complaints. I imagine it would probably be challenged by our supporters,’ Panday told the Express in a telephone interview last night.

He remains Leader of the Opposition, something I hope will change in short order. As I have said many a time, Bas is the one stumbling block that has kept the entire country from moving forward. The reason P**rick is in a strong position is because Bas has been such a political millstone around the neck of the UNC and the Opposition.

 


The world closing in
Did you ever think
That we could be so close, like brothers
The future's in the air
I can feel it everywhere
Blowing with the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow dream away
In the wind of change

Walking down the street
Distant memories
Are buried in the past forever

Take me to the magic of the moment
On a glory night
Where the children of tomorrow share their dreams
With you and me
The wind of change blows straight
Into the face of time
Like a stormwind that will ring
The freedom bell for peace of mind
Let your balalaika sing
What my guitar wants to say