3 May 2007

Babylon Bloops

On the heels of Police Constable Marcelle Hamilton failing to attend court a record number of times in a case which he charged a 19 year old woman for murder arising from neglect and abuse of her 4 year-old daughter, now we have Woman Police Constable (WPC) Antoinette Figaro involved in some fancy footwork.

"Police Constable Antoinette Figaro, who failed to show on 42 occasions in a case against an accused sex predator, was described in court yesterday as a delinquent who had failed in her duties."

"I called her on her cellphone and she told me 'when I am on my cellphone, I cannot be found. She said 'you would not be able to find me, to serve the summons'." This according to Sgt Robin Rampersad, the court prosecutor. So - delinquent and ill mannered.

The magistrate adjourned the case to May 9, but I cannot see why she has not issued a warrant for the arrest of WPC Figaro.

Following up on police incompetence, I see that the investigator into the shooting of Joel Charles in Morvant has recommended charges be laid against the police officer who shot the man (who was sitting eating a doubles). I still think this case will be a fruitless exercise and that nothing will come of it.

And Corporal Michael Peters has charged 2 men for posession of some weed, but as he cannot find his diary, his statement, and the STATION DIARY, things are looking pretty good for the men on trial.

Just seeing this crap in the news makes me realise its not a good idea to take in people with 3 'O' levels in the police force. Send them Cedros to pull seine.