16 Jun 2007

Questionable Quotes

There was a time when celebrities were famous because of their jobs - you know, like being a famous actor, actress, musician, sports professional etc. Nowadays, the famous call themselves celebrities without having any significant contribution to society.

As some of the following gaffes reveal, some of the famous hardly contribute intellectually either:
  • In an interview in 2004, after filming Troy (and displaying a buff new bod), Brad Pitt was asked if he thought he represented 'the perfect man'. Said Pitt, "I don't know if that's true, I'm hung like a hamster."
  • "I've been planted here to be a vessel for acting - you know what I mean?" - Leonardo DiCaprio
  • "I'm getting more famouser every day." - Avril Lavigne.
  • "Fiction writing is great; you can make up almost anything!" - Ivana Trump after writing her first book.
  • "Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry. I mean, I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all the flies and death and stuff." - Mariah Carey.