12 Apr 2007

Grumpy Old Men

There is a show on television called Grumpy Old Men that I soooo agree with. It's a series of interviews with older famous men and their views on the changing world. The entire point of the show serves (in my opinion) to highlight how silly we are in some of the changes in our modern society, and it makes no bones about airing the issues that irk.

The show side-stepped political correctness and tapped a rich vein of sardonic, eloquent and well informed grumpiness that got right to the nub of each issue.

Some of the pet peeves:

  • American film and television saying 'different than' when we know it is 'different from'.
  • Americans playing sissified rugby and calling it football and proper football being called soccer.
  • Playing rounders with a bat and calling it baseball.
Okay, it may seem like American bashing but there is a whole lot more... only these are what I remember, so don't go blaming the program.

I cite this show but really, I myself am a Grumpy Old Man. :-)