20 Sept 2007

Update to my update

Well, this morning my upgrade was done by a techie from the ISP.

Now I have television through my phone line, via a modem (actually, it's a wireless router) and Ethernet cable (in case you're wondering how it's possible) connected to the set top box. The box has the facility to go back to missed shows and replay, and also to 'rewind' and watch live or broadcast television. The quality is superb, and can either be set to 4:3 or 16:9 formats.

My internet has not slowed down in any noticeable way, despite the company telling me some of my bandwidth will go to the television signal.

So, free calls throughout the UK (landlines only though), free calls to 10 international destinations, 8 Mbps broadband (no download limit), line rental included, and over 70 channels (pay per view is £1.99 per channel for 24 hours).... not a bad deal all in all.

Most importantly... I can blog!