20 Oct 2007

The duncey bullies

I know, I know. I should be tired by now of pointing out how dotish our duncey police really are; but I'm not. Sometimes, they amaze even me, and I certainly expect the worst from them.

Take this incident for example.

One Marlon Shepherd, a suspended prisons officer went to the Hall of Justice to speak to his lawyer. Once there, he was approached by a duncey who informed him that there was a warrant out for him.

Marlon denied this; duncey attempted to arrest him, going so far as to drag the man down the stone steps by his heels, knocking his head against the edges of the steps in the process.

Rightfully, Marlon held on to the railings. Now 5 dunceys forcibly pried him loose and continued to drag him in "full glare of uniformed police officers, court staff, lawyers, the media, and litigants".

The upshot of this was that there WAS NO WARRANT for Marlon Shepherd. But the dunceys still charged him for resisting arrest (on a non existent warrant? Can this be possible?).

Maybe he should have stayed arrested and sued the state after for wrongful arrest. That's one dumbass victim, eh?